Saturday, April 28, 2012

Lovers Undercover: Impassioned - Excerpt


Check out my interview over on Jamie Salisbury's blog this week!
http://www.jamiesalisburyauthor.blogspot.com




Walking around the large living room Scarlett finally walks toward Logan and sits next to him.
  “This has to be the weirdest trip I’ve ever taken. But then I’ve never had a crazy employee before!” She smiled at him as he extends his hand to her.
  “Come on now Scarlett. That was why I signed on to begin with, your crazy employees. Never a dull moment,” he teased, grinning broadly.
  She sits up for a moment before reclining on his shoulder. “I’ve never been on a roller coaster like this Logan. And I apologize for getting you dragged into the middle. You are after all a client.”
  “Well, you can’t keep me out of it since I’m her fixation, and I would like to think our relationship has moved beyond one of client and employer.” He pulls her next to him.
  “You know better than that Logan. We’ve moved way beyond that.”
  “I’m just kidding love.” He got up off the sofa and began to pace the room, his face darkened as his mood has suddenly changed.
  “What?”
He sits back down next to her, taking her hand. “There is something I need to tell you before all this crap with Lisa blows up or does whatever it’s going to do.”
“Tell me what Logan?” He squeezed her hand looking straight at her.
“Please believe me when I say I intended to tell you this earlier. I just didn’t know Lisa was going to go off on the crazy train and I didn’t want to add to all of it.”
Scarlett warily eyes him for a few moments as it dawns on her what he is leading up to.
“You’ve slept with her, haven’t you?” She moves her hand away trying to decide what she’s feeling.
“Yes, but before you get any more upset than I know you already must be, let me explain. Please.”
“I’m listening.”
“I went out with her three or four times, no more. Richard introduced us out in L.A. right before he died. But I couldn’t take her possessiveness, and I’m being kind. Scarlett, please believe me baby. I care far too deeply for you to let this come between us.”
Scarlett didn’t say a word for a few moments, which seemed like eternity to Logan, carefully choosing her words.
“Richard introduced you to her? Not that it surprises me. And you ended things? That explains a lot actually Logan. Why she jumped at the chance to move to Atlanta and why she is obsessed with you.” She took her hand and places it on his cheek, rubbing it against his beard. “Thank you for being so honest with me.”
“I promise you Scarlett, I will always be honest with you.” He leans over and kisses her delicately, their lips brushing. He pressed his lips harder against hers, his tongue opening her mouth as he consumed her as their tongues met and tangled.

1 comment: